May 14, 2012

Wales

2 Weeks ago I was lucky enough to go to Wales to see my brother who lives there. I spend 4 days there  seeing more of this beautiful country and of course surfing. My brother is a skilled windsurfer andkicks my butt on a surfboard, but never tried out SUP. My brother is based in Swansea so  the  Gower Peninsula was our main wave hunting ground.
Thanks to supgower we were able to rent Gong boards for the weekend, I was on a 7'4 Shake, the exact same board I ride at home..
The First day we went to Llangennith, a charming little postcard town by the sea.
You gotta love the welsh way of spelling

 We were in the water around 11 with light off shore wind and glassy waist to chest high waves. My brother had no problems standing up due to the glassy conditions and soon caugth his frst waves..
Perfect SUP conditions
My brother looking like a pro ;-)


After lunch  we went for a second session but the waves gradually dropped, we did manage to get a small clip off me on a smallish wave..


I'm sure this spot can deliver some good conditions and I will happily go back there some time.. The landscapes there are stunning.

For more on Welsh wavesailing you could look into this great blog

They just finished the British Wavesailing Association's 
Competition in North Wales, for more info go here and for great pix go to Dave White's facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment