May 30, 2012

TOYS !

Dont we just all love our toys, I got my garage stuffed with all sorts of sport related toys, bikes, golf equipment and of course  lots of surfgear.. Here is some of my surfrelated stuff:

My motto regarding windsurf equipment for the last years few year has been: "less is more"
I truly believe that the skilled surfer can manage with less gear. Not saying that you eventually end up as a star because you only have 2 sails.
I have a tendency of snapping my boards and I particular remember one summer 3 years ago where I broke 5 boards in a very short span of time.
My Tabou Da Curve 85 l twinser has bene a trusty kompagnon for the last few years, it is a board that really rips and the size makes it perfect for thoose days with waves and a little inconsistent wind. It carries my 85 kilos nicely.. perfect setup with a 5.0 ... love that board
It is quite fast and actually was my only board for a year or so..

The RRD hardcore wave 76 l is the newest board in my quiver:
 As you see from the photo it has already made a trip to my trusted shaper to get back in shape.. Broke it landing a high tabletop
Its a very nice board in bigger waves where you really can put the board to the test.
I used it alot with my 3.9m2 during the winter..
I equipped the board with some very nice K4 fins:

If you dont know their site, you must definitely go there


Regarding sails I have been happily riding simmer for the last few years. I used to ride the simmer icons but last year I tried out the Blacktips..
I took me a little while to get used to thees sails, but  I am very happy with them.

I only have 3 sails, but combined with the 2 boards I am pretty happy with the wind range they offer..

SUP:
Again I cant  praise my Gong Shake 7,4 enough..
Dimensions: 7’4 (225 cm)  with 122 litres of Volume and 32'' (82 cm) wide




Padlle:
I have 2 paddle , my first had a smaller head and my newest gong paddle has a somewhat bigger head
More on that later:

No comments:

Post a Comment