May 19, 2012

More SUP + Video

Tuesday was suppossed to bee the big day at the danish westcoast. From early on in the morning my phone was buzzing. Messages about great conditions kept coming in and I could follow the waves on the webcams.
The reports about "big tuesday" have since been all over the net.
The whole westcoast was firing!!

I had to stay home to take care of little daugther who was suffering from a sligth fever...

It got pretty late before I was able to hit the water...
The rain had started to pour and the cozy 18 degrees in my garden had transformed into freezing 7 degrees when I finally arrived at the beach. Which left my looking quite stupid in my t-shirt. I was all alone and the strong onshore wind made me wonder if windsurfing would have been the better choice.
I took on the battle. At first I was struggling in the strong wind and the ripping current wasnt helping, I was left feeling a bit sorry for myself.
But then I realized how blessed I am, and came to remember my motto " Stay positive -Keep smiling".
I could'nt help smiling: I mean I got to spend all day with my little daugther and as a bonus got to surf. The onshore wind made it into a perfect cardio workout and I even caugth a few nice waves.. I had the ocean all to myself and left with a broad smile..

Renowned Klitmøller waterman  Lars Petersen put this photo on his site.

Cold Hawaii surfcamp put theese pictures online:





I shot a few clips with my go-pro and put them in a small video...





No comments:

Post a Comment