May 21, 2012

Tribute to Cold Hawaii I

The wave capital of denmark for sure is the area around Klitmøller known as Cold Hawaii.
The PWA world cup has made astop there for the last 2 years and it has been a tremendeous succes.
Last year I worked at the worldcup site for a few days as the official medical doctor. One of the rare opportunities to combine my profession with my passion.
The first day of compettion saw a lot of rain, but in the evening the condition gradually got better. I grabbed the camera and shot some photos.. The rest of the competition  the conditions were onshore survival conditions.. I would like to se more contest done in proper waves, thees pix give you a glimpes of what the best windsurf-athletes are capable of..

The event site:  coldhawaii.eu/



petervolwater enjoying cold hawaii

Florian Jung

Timo Mullen

Kai Lenny

Andreas Olandersson

Danish Local Mads Bjørnå, more at : vmoves.net

Florian Jung again

Tuomo Naalisvaara


Local Allan Bech

Oleandersson flying!

Fellow doctor, german Lars Gobisch

Brawzino



Oleandersson was killing it!

Mads Bjørnå again




Timo setting up




No comments:

Post a Comment