Jun 5, 2012

Onshore wave Searching

I was looking through the photo evidens from friday and was able to put some of it into a little video..

I love the expression on my face riding that last wave, as previously mentioned to conditions were dissapointing.



This video shows some of the difficuty you find when riding waves fronside in onshore conditions.
I actually like it if the wind is just a tad onshore...

 I loved the footage from last years world cup where Philipp Köster really ripped the wave with sick forntside of the lip tricks allthough is was bloody onshore...

The essential thing for riding waves frontside , in onshore conditions, in my opinionis maintainig speed through the buttom turn.
I go by a few simple rules:
1: Dedication: commit to the turn and put the board on the rail

2: Once turning , sligthly adjust the radius of the turn to hit the critical section.

3: Hit the  critical section, this will help you  turn your board back to regain momentum and keeping your speed.

As  you see from the video I struggled  living up to thees rules, but you can always blame the conditions ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment