Sep 20, 2012

Cold Hawaii World Cup update

I am sure that all of you windsurfers have been following the livestrea , that saw Thomas traversa crowned as the King og Cold Hawaii.. Impressiv performance
The event strted out monday with waves and a little wind.
I went to the event on tuesday, the weather forecast wasn't promising but it was my only chance ..
 I started pretty early arriving in Klitmøller around 6.30 am,, ligth wind, not suitable for compettion. So I drove to Hanstholm for a early SUP session.
It salways a pleasure goig there and the SUP conditions were pretty epic, offshore wind, glassy waves. BEst conditions in a loooong toime for me. I was out there all alone and caught tons of waves.
Afterwards I went straigth back to Klitmøller for a coffee and to look at all the windsurf stars and meet up with friends.
A few cups of coffee later the wind was rising and a few of the guys tested out the conditions.
I must say that I am very impressed by what theese guys were able to pull of  in very marginal conditions.
Not very windy

Later they tried to start a heat but had to call it off as a small tornado came trough, mother nature sure can be impressive.
I ended the day in Hanstholm with another small SUP session in waves that were considerably smaller but still good fun.
The worldcup event runs till sunday , and the forcast for saturday isn't looking bad at all.
Northeasterly  wind could produce pretty rare strboard tack conditions
Windspeed 25-30 knots



No comments:

Post a Comment