Mar 11, 2014

Board update

Since I first posted about my new Fanatic Falcon 14x25  SUP raceboard. I have received quite a few questions regarding the board and how it handles diffrent conditions.
I really like the board , its definately fast ,  paddeling in the flats really has gotten much more fun with this board.
Its quite narrow and of course its a little tippy but its has great secondary stability.  Its not made for stading around talking to your mates,  you end up taking a swim.
It becomes more stable the faster you go. It took me a little pratice to master bouy turns the way I am used to , but now I dont really  think about it anymore.
On downwinder conditions is a huge improvement to my previous boards, it catches runners real easy and its very easy to surf. The nose shape prevents the nose from getting stuck when going down step faces, it is however not a real ELf-shoe nose  like some dedicated downwind boards have, but I find it works both in the flat and on downwinders.
Bear in mind that I am riding the 2013 version, I recently took the  2014 Falcon 12'6 for a quick spin and I most say I was impressed
A video from the other day

No comments:

Post a Comment