Aug 22, 2013

Standup World Tour Hamburg

One big SUP party in the middle of Hamburg and I simply had to go. I convinced my wife tog go with me to see the racing on sunday. I originally planned to join the fun-race but in the end it didn't fit  in to my plans . The weather was rainy but even my wife seemed to enjoy herself. A great set up event with lots of different SUP manufactors putting their gear on display.
A lot of the top athletes were there as well and I was really looking to see some racing. The course was layedout within the harbor consisting of 10 laps of 1 km. Perfect for the spectators, there was non stop action, I not sure the racers wold have opted for fewer sharp turns but in the end it was a lot of fun to watch.
Here is a short video produced by Tonix pictures







Here are some pics from the event..
Camp David really put on a show



SIC had a lot of boards on display 


The rudder of the 17' downwind board


Great to see so many of the big companys joining the event



Thoese starboards just look fast


Lots of people testing out gear

Kai Lenny getting ready


This guy needs no introduction




The Fanatic boardrange looks great










Tilføj billedtekst

Robby and Kai had fun on the inflatables trying to push one another in the water 



Cool kid !



Eric Terrien




Seconds before the start of the 10 km race

Go !

The battle is on









Womens leader Annabel Anderson

At the turn


Paul Jackson




Trying to catch Kai Lenny




Dont fall



Leader from start to finish





SUP super man






Beau O'brien in second Casper in third


Post race discussions



Annabel Anderson winning the womens division



Second and third



Fun race winners









No comments:

Post a Comment