Oct 16, 2012

Wetsuits

I am looking for a new wetsuit these days. It is an area that has seen some real evolution over the last few years. I have added a hooded 6 mm suit to my quiver and that has really made the season a little longer. You can enjoy longer sessions even in the darkest of winter.
Unfortunately my trusty Gul 6/5 mm suit has now finally given up, water seems to be leaking in just about everywhere.This has made me searching for a new suit and there are some really progrerssive brands out there:
Isurus wetsuits:
A really interesting californian wetsuit brand with lots of interesting details.
They are bringing compression technology into wetsuits ..

They have a  winter suit named i-soldier that looks quite interesting..
But unfortunately theese suits are not availiable in europe, too my knowledge


A brand very know and respected for there outdoor equipment , they also produce some pretty sweet looking wetsuits.
They market themselves as beeing eco friendly and the suits feature a linning consisting merino wool. This should wick moisture from the skin. Sounds comfy to me.

But all this technology comes with a price tag , pretty expensive ...


Rip curl are reknow for there wetsuits but the H bomb is something new featuring elctrical heating:


This suit is also pretty pricey, but Im am considering buying one of these

I will let you know what I decide on and possibly post a review , I may just buy a new Gul as it has served me pretty well.



No comments:

Post a Comment