Oct 29, 2012

Friday surf

This friday I was able to go to the westcoast in the search of some waves, the weather forecast was looking pretty rock solid allthough it also include low temperatures and possibly snow


Lots of wave , little wind
 When I finally got to the beach in Hvide Sande the  conditions were looking pretty mediocre...

Not excactly the waveheight I was looking for so I watched it for a while before I decided to drive further North.. As I drove north it started to rain pretty heavily and the wind picked up... I got out of the car after about 30 minutes and it was howling. I had second thoughts and drove back to Hvide Sande - time wasted!!
The conditions were far from great  but lots of surers and SUP'ers in  the water figthing for every  wave and creating a rather hostile vibe. I decided to go to the south side of  the pier  to be alone.
In the end just around sunset I had a 20 minutes with offshore wind and nice waves. My smile was wiped of my face when I was caught by a sled-shower while getting out of the wetsuit.

Saturdays wave forecast was looking  somewhere near epic, I wasn't able to go but you can enjoy a few pics here
I can't believe I missed this
Talking of weather forecasts windguru makes this coming weekend look pretty exciting ( don't tell the stormchaser!!!):


No comments:

Post a Comment