Oct 19, 2012

Searching for Gold

 Being a surfer/ windsurfer or SUP'er in these hemisphere s often requires a lot of timing, knowledge and luck.
The other day I went on a loong search for waves. The forecast was for lots of southerly wind in the morning and waves for the afternoon. I only had one chance to see some action this week due to other obligations
I packed up the SUP and went for "the search", the first spot wasn't really working,, nice sets roling in but not really breaking top to bottum as I like it.
On to a spot called Fakir due to a lot of metal wires sticking out of the rocks in the shorebreak. It was real nice for a couple of hours and I had some super nice waves..
After that the offdhore wind got stronger and made it harder and harder to catch waves...
We went to a third spot  and the first thing I see is a guy getting tubed in the shorebreak!!
It was  not that great for SUP though
All in all a day with more hours spent in the car than actually riding waves..




Taken at the third spot





First spot.
Meanwhile it seems as if the south wind produced some pretty awesome windsurfconditions previous to my arrival:
More here

3 comments:

  1. Care to share some placenames for your spots? Trying to find adequate sea stealing spots in the area Hvide Sande - Blaavand

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not stealing. Kayaking ! Blasted dictionary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reply. This is a somewhat tricky question. I have already had numerous phonecalls from lacals telling me not to mention there spot.
    But the spots around the new pier are definitely worth trying out, maybe already this weekend..
    Niels

    ReplyDelete