Jul 14, 2012

Custom mades

I have a real fetish for custom made boards, windsurf and SUP boards.
When I started windsurfing in the late 80'. the windsurfmarket was bursting with all sorts of custom mades. Nowadays you rarely see any custom mades.
The big brands have slowly taken ovee, the 2 local shaper I know have switched to kiteboarding and only do windsurf repair..
Some of my favourite boards of the past have been custom mades and I always find it interesting seeing a new different board.  ...
I have had a special Angulo Custom made  board made by Ed angulo for his son Josh back in the 90'  when he was the bad boy star riding North Sails and Mistral Boards.. The angulo (twinzer)is the only board I really regret having sold
I've had many customs , including: Paradise customs sylt, Glen Darcy, Lorch, Angulo, Gordner.. just to name some..
The surf industri still has lots of custom brands and i hope that the SUP-surf scene can develope some of the same.
Last year I visited southern California for 6 weeks and the sup scene here is very inovative and ou se lots of custom mades here.. Hopefully we  can see a lot of that cming to the european shores in the coming years.
Here are links to some intereting custom brands that I like to follow..


Wind flüchter is and interesting german brand with nice looking wave and freestyle boards..




Twinfin 77 from


French blacklocal produce both nice windsurf and Sup boards..


flikkaboards produce some very nice looking boards and very hyped in sweden, would like to try one...



moocustoms -  produce somenice looking boards all though I havent seen one in real life...


SUP
infinity







No comments:

Post a Comment